Aaah, Luci Swindoll, she is always good for a laugh and she
does a great job providing them in her book Simple Secrets to a Happy Life.
This book has 50 tips on how to make the most of every day. The tips are broken
down in short little “chapters” that make it easy to read even for a busy
woman. Swindoll’s passion for Christ and her fun loving nature are evident
throughout the book. She will have the reader laughing and examining their life
in a new light. She challenges the reader to step out of their comfort zone, to
simplify their lives, to learn new things, and many, many more! There were times throughout the book
that initially as I was reading I wanted to just blow off the chapter. It
seemed that they were just shallow tips but as I thought about them throughout
the day I realized that there really is more depth there. One example is in
Chapter 2, Be on Time for Everything, that isn’t really an issue for me but as
I thought about being present-really present I realized that is something I
really could improve of. How many times have I sat down with my kids and have
paid more attention to my phone or computer? Because of this, Simple Secrets to
a Happy Life should not be read quickly but should be savored to enjoy the
process of becoming happier with where the reader is now.
Disclosure of
Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the
BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com>
book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review.
The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance
with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

Hi Andrea,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Jeremiah, from LIFE SENTENCE Publishing in Abbotsford Wisconsin. We have a small base of bloggers who review books for us, and after a few months of tweaking how our blog tours are run, we’re now ready to take it to the next level.
If you’re interested in joining our blog tours, we’ll send you a monthly email featuring our upcoming blog tours (see sample: http://eepurl.com/3y1C9). If you like any or all of the titles, you simply request the books via a signup form on our website (http://www.lifesentencepublishing.com/blogbooks4life-request/).
You’ll receive the book in a week or less, read it (of course : ), write your blog post about the book, and add a link to the book’s blog tour page.
Note: We do occasional fun things such as coffee gift card giveaways to keep everyone caffeinated and to drive traffic to our blog tour pages.
If you’d like to join us on our blog tours, you can subscribe to the monthly featured-titles email here: www.lifesentencepublishing.com/bloggers.
Thank you!
In Christ,
Jeremiah Zeiset
LIFE SENTENCE Publishing
715-223-3013
jeremiah@lspbooks.com