Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Least Among You

The Least Among You"By Lionsgate and Birchwood Pictures is an inspirational story about a young man learning to overcome racial challenges in 1965. After being arrested during the Watts Riots, he takes the opportunity to go to seminary as opposed to a sentence of time in jail. While this movie is inspired by a true story it is not well done. There are some elements that make the movie unsuitable for family viewing: smoking, drinking, violence, and language that had been dubbed over. While my Husband and I disagree about the theology of watching a movie like this; we do agree that this movie is not well done. It seems that they tried to take a middle of the road way in telling the story when they could just pick a side and go with it. It you are going to make a movie with that sort of language then leave it in there don’t try and clean it up after the fact. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment